India: Railway Board Member Takes stock of Activities of East Coast Railway

 Member Rolling Stock, Railway Board Rajesh Agrawal visited East Coast Railway and reviewed various activities on East Coast Railway. He appreciated East Coast Railway for the quickest possible restoration of train services after Cyclone FANI. He complimented all members of East Coast Railway for being the highest loading Railways over Indian Railways.

East Coast Railway will create a new record in financial year 2019-20 by entering the 200 million ton group of Railways and it will be the first Railway Zone ever to load more than 200 million tones in any year. Special announcements made by Rajesh Agrawal, Member, Railway Board in presence of Vidya Bhushan, General Manager, East Coast Railway and Addl. General Manager Shri Sudhir Kumar, in a meeting held at Rail Sadan on 22.06.2019 are as follows:-

1.Indian Railways hereby announces that the station building at Puri will be fit and ready in all respects, as it was or even better than Pre-Cyclone FANI stage. The entire station will be ready to receive all Rathyatra special trains during Rath Yatra period. 194 special trains will be run and many lakhs of devotees are expected to use trains to reach Puri to witness the Rath Yatra. THE TARGET GIVEN TO BEAUTIFY AND UPGRADE PURI STATION IS 1ST JULY OF THIS YEAR.

2. LHB German Linke Hoffman Bush coaches are the most modern coaches now. East Coast Railway is having 15 rakes (collection of coaches is called RAKE) of LHB coaches. This will go up to 30 and all important trains like Janshatabdi Express etc., will have LHB coaches.

3. East Coast Railway area will have special type of wagons to carry 4-wheeler automobiles and 2-wheelers from far off production places to this area. Local automobile dealers will greatly benefit from this.

4. The workshop at Mancheswar will be upgraded and will now have facilities to handle maintenance of LHB coaches also.

5. Phase-II of MEMU Shed at Khurda Road is sanctioned. This will help in converting all passenger trains in this area to MEMU coaches. In future all passenger trains will be having MEMU coaches. It will improve punctuality of trains.

6. Mechanised Laundry at Puri and Bhubaneswar likely to be functional very soon in next three months.

7. Quick watering facilities for coaches will help in better water supply and availability of water in passenger coaches.

8. More number of wagons will be given to East Coast Railway so that local industries and coal producers and power plants are benefited.

9. East Coast Railway has introduced VENTURI system of odour-less bio-toilets. All coaches will have VENTURI system in all trains run by East Coast Railway.

10. 96% of coaches of East Coast Railway have bio-toilets fitted. The rest 4% will be fitted very soon.

11. New technology of ‘Head On Generation’ (HOG) will replace conventional power cars in trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi etc. This will give additional space to attach more coaches, thereby giving scope for more seats for passengers.

12. East Coast Railway has suffered a total loss of Rs. 600 crores during Cyclone FANI. Of this, Rs. 400 crores is in the form of damages and Rs. 200 crores is in the form of loss in earning capacity. East Coast Railway has asked for special financial package to help in restoration works.

Please follow and like us:

Rail-Bus

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Pakistan to Increase Railway Fares

Sat Jun 22 , 2019
Pakistan Railways Minister, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said on Saturday that fares of economy classes would be increased up to Rs 100, by six to seven percent for other classes from July 1 in wake of the recent oil prices hike. Addressing a press conference at PR Headquarters here, he said […]
%d bloggers like this: